Leo Famulari skrev: (11 januari 2019 23:32:12 CET) >On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 05:48:39PM +0100, L p R n d n wrote: >> - Currently, I think the only way for a GuixSD installation to break >is >> if something goes wrong with the bootloader. Might be nice to have >a >> tool (in the install image I suppose) to recover the bootloader. >> Maybe 'guix system init' can deal with that king of cases for now, >I >> don't know, but a dedicated command might be able to use the >original >> store, restore previous generations etc. > >Apparently GRUB has a feature that records a "fallback" system to boot >if booting fails. > >Maybe when reconfiguring, Guix could set the current system as the >fallback so that it would always boot. > >If we did that, we'd want to warn the user somehow... not sure how to >achieve that. > >Discussion of this feature at NixOS: > >https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/26332 I don't think automatic fallback is a good idea because it unnecessarily complicates a now well working simple part of the OS. KISS is a nice principle. -- Sent from my p≡p for Android.