On Mon, 27 Sep 2021 19:30:29 -0400 Leo Famulari wrote: > I didn't check that the files are bit-identical, but my understanding > is that the "old" revisions of the deblobbing scripts are available > here: > > https://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/releases/old/ Yes. In gen6. They have been moved, not deleted. The versioning and locations in terms of gnuN and genN are knowable and predictable in advance. I wonder if there is, or could be made, a way to leverage that so that future moving of files can be done without causing problems, as long as the files themselves remain otherwise identical. As an example, the current cleanup scripts might be found in old/gen7 in the future. Although using git would probably be a better choice as it would seem to eliminate URL hunting.