Here is a patch that: - Removes the full stop after 'no tests' - Changes the synopsis from "Multiplayer tetris" to "Multiplayer tetris game". - Replaces the description with what you (swedebugia) suggested. > As an aside I did not find a working server anywhere ... There is a possibility to host your own server with jetrix though. Oh I realised you meant a server program - the tetrinet package builds one called 'tetrinet-server', I tested it just now by running these commands in separate terminals: `tetrinet-server` `tetrinet player1 localhost` `tetrinet player2 localhost` Sending messages as the two different players shows up correctly in each tetrinet client, so I think the server works fine. On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 15:20:28 +0000 (GMT), wrote: > Hi Swedebugia, > > > having looked it up online I prefer the WP synopsis: > > "TetriNET is a console multiplayer online Tetris game for up to six people." > > > > There is a gnome version also. We should state clearly that this is a > > console/text-mode client. > > What does 'WP' mean? > > > As an aside I did not find a working server anywhere and the homepage of > > the project is dead. There is a possibility to host your own server with > > jetrix though. > > I played Tetrinet with someone over a server, but I can't remember what the address was. > > You can't access the homepage of the project? I can access http://tetrinet.or.cz fine. Or do you mean it hasn't been updated in ages? > > > There could be trademark issues with the name/game also see > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tetris_Company > > Regarding the potential trademark issues, both FSF-approved distros Parabola and PureOS have Tetrinet in their repositories[1][2], so I think it would be acceptable to add it to Guix. And if a copyright claim is made in the future it can always be removed. > > [1] Tetrinet in Parabola - https://www.parabola.nu/packages/?q=tetrinet > [2] Tetrinet in PureOS - https://software.pureos.net/search_pkg?term=tetrinet > > Thanks > > On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 07:23:43 +0100, swedebugia wrote: > > > On 2019-02-23 10:26, swedebugia wrote: > > > For the sake of making it easy to find when searching synopsies I > > > suggest you add "game" to the end of yours. > > > -- > > > Sent from my k-9 mail for Android. > > > > having looked it up online I prefer the WP synopsis: > > "TetriNET is a console multiplayer online Tetris game for up to six people." > > > > There is a gnome version also. We should state clearly that this is a > > console/text-mode client. > > > > As an aside I did not find a working server anywhere and the homepage of > > the project is dead. There is a possibility to host your own server with > > jetrix though. > > > > There could be trademark issues with the name/game also see > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tetris_Company > > > > -- > > Cheers Swedebugia