On 2024-08-01 at 11:45+03:00, Evgeny Pisemsky wrote: > Hello! It does not work, and that is the reason for this patch. > > At this point group access is not enough, I have to run gitile from > git user (of gitolite) who owns repositories. Same for fcgiwrap. > > Changing default user to git may be quite radical, but since the > documentation states this: > > > Gitile works best in collaboration with Gitolite, and will serve the > > public repositories from Gitolite by default. > > I think it is sane. Seconded, and IMHO the Guix service documentation should mention that the default user for gitile is to match the owner of the repositories: On 2024-07-31 at 18:00+03:00, Evgeny Pisemsky wrote: +@item @code{user} (default: @code{"git"}) +Owner of the @code{gitile} process.