Hi Fredrik, On Tuesday, August 23rd, 2022 at 21:20, Fredrik Salomonsson wrote: > I generally use emacs + eglot [0]. It works great out of the box for me, > zero configuration on my part. I can't speak much about speed as the > python programming I do is over tramp, which tends to slow things down. Thanks, Fredrik :) I tried both emacs-lsp-mode and eglot today, but autocompletion didn't work in any of them. They both seem to use company-mode by default, the same as emacs-elpy. Is autocompletion working for you? If yes, what version of Guix are you using? (I'm on Guix System 3f17158, emacs-company 0.9.13). Using M-x completion-at-point works though, but I prefer autocompletion. I think I found emacs-lsp-mode faster than eglot, and the autodocumentation/help in the latter was kind of distracting because it displays too much information for the symbol at point, which makes the minibuffer change hight frequently.