On Tue Feb 7, 2023 at 4:41 PM GMT, Katherine Cox-Buday wrote: > >> + (description > >> + "Package safehtml provides immutable string-like types which represent values > >> +that are guaranteed to be safe, by construction or by escaping or sanitization, > >> +to use in various HTML contexts and with various DOM APIs.") > > > > (description > > "This package provides a Go library for storing HTML data as an immutable string-like > > value.") > > I disagree with this suggestion: the extra context about construction or > escaping takes me from "why would I want to store HTML data in a > struct", to, "oh this is a way to preclude passing around invalid/unsafe > HTML around". That's true. There's no problem with incorporating it, but many upstream descriptions are a bit too focused on the internals for guix IMO. So I tried to construct a description that got the point across without being too detailed; I probably went too far. (Also, I know it's a Go convention, but I personally think we should remove the "package is ..." phrasing where possible.) How about this instead: (description "This package provides a Go library for storing HTML data as an immutable string-like value that is guaranteed to be safe to use in various HTML- and DOM-related contexts.") -- (