The current ansible package is still brokenin the same way. Is there already an acceptable way of working around this problem? Otherwise I could send my (extremely hacky) workaround that adds a specific condition in the ansible source code to check for .ansible-real. Thanks, Jelle 2017-05-03 12:04 GMT+02:00 Ludovic Courtès : > Jelle Licht skribis: > > > I had some problems getting current ansible package to work. It seems > that > > the bin/ansible script which is created as part of the > python-build-system > > via a call to `wrap-program' interferes with certain expectations ansible > > has regarding how it and its subcommands are called. > > > > This mechanism does not work well with our generated created > .ansible-real. > > See [1] for a similar issue that has since been worked around in the > newest > > version of ansible. > > > > For now, I have a similar workaround that add some guix-specific checks > to > > ansible looking for being called as .ansible-real, though I do consider > > this a hack. This problem is indicative of a bigger issue: the fact that > > wrap-program currently leads to subtle bugs for lots of scripts. There > has > > been some noise on #guix about solving this problem in general. > > For the record, the discussion is visible here: > . > > I think it’s bad for a program to rely on argv[0], but I also think > those .thing-real are kinda ugly. :-) > > Ludo’. >