On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 5:05 PM Thorsten Wilms wrote: > Looking for an explanation for having user and root profile guix, since > you seem to be unaware of how that works and I can't be sure of my own > understanding, I found something related: > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2017-10/msg00014.html > > Thing is, I did > `ln -s /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/guix-profile/bin/guix > /usr/local/bin/guix` > during installation and that symlink is still intact. Yet, `guix pull` > and `sudo guix pull` are markedly different. > I see, then I will try to go back to my VM snapshot before I first made a guix pull when trying commands - then I don't understand why the first time it worked for me - and make the symlink, because I need to have it working, and I would like to have it for my user - yes my user can run sudo, but that's not the point - :( > -- > Thorsten Wilms > > thorwil's design for free software: > http://thorwil.wordpress.com/ > > Regards! Laura