all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Tadhg McDonald-Jensen <tadhgmister@gmail.com>
To: Tomas Volf <~@wolfsden.cz>
Cc: "Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org>, 70826@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#70826: luks-device-mapping-with-options breaks bootloader
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2024 19:19:06 -0400	[thread overview]

In case it is relevant my disk is using GPT partition table with this
layout:

$ lsblk --output="NAME,MAJ:MIN,TYPE,MOUNTPOINTS,UUID"
NAME MAJ:MIN TYPE MOUNTPOINTS UUID
nvme0n1 259:0 disk
├─nvme0n1p1 259:1 part /boot 5190-E840
└─nvme0n1p2 259:2 part c0010d06-0bd1-4ae2-93e6-f2f89a3a670b
└─cryptroot 253:0 crypt /gnu/store
/

Only the main partition is encrypted with LUKS and grub is located on
its own partition not in the in between space in an MBR drive.

It is grub that is being responsible for decrypting the partition
not my UEFI decrypting the whole drive.

Tadhg