all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Declarative user environment
@ 2016-04-25 10:49 Joaquim Pedro França Simão
From: Joaquim Pedro França Simão @ 2016-04-25 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Is there any common method that users use to make an environment for
their user with an declarative approach?

I know there's `guix system` for system-wide packages, but I was
thinking on something like [1] and [2], where I specify what I want to
be installed on my user profile, with config files too.

[1] https://github.com/kamilchm/.nixpkgs/blob/master/config.nix
[2] https://github.com/jagajaga/my_configs/blob/master/.nixpkgs/common.nix

--
osmano807
Joaquim Pedro

* Re: Declarative user environment
@ 2016-04-25 16:19 ` Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2016-04-25 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joaquim Pedro França Simão; +Cc: guix-devel

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 6:49 AM, Joaquim Pedro França Simão
<osmano807@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any common method that users use to make an environment for
> their user with an declarative approach?
>
> I know there's `guix system` for system-wide packages, but I was
> thinking on something like [1] and [2], where I specify what I want to
> be installed on my user profile, with config files too.

See http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Invoking-guix-package.html#profile_002dmanifest

- Dave