I had the same problem, which was solved by installing glibc-utf8-locales in root's profile and adding the export line to root's ~/.profile, which fits Ricardo's explanations. Le jeu. 17 janv. 2019 à 21:56, Quiliro Ordonez a écrit : > Thank you for this straightforward answer Ricardo. I post some insights > below. > > El 2019-01-17 09:24, Ricardo Wurmus escribió: > > This is in your environment. But what about the daemon’s environment? > > It is not started in your environment where GUIX_LOCPATH is set. How do > > you start the daemon? If it’s via systemd you may want to look at the > > service file to see where GUIX_LOCPATH points. > > In fact: > echo $GUIX_LOCPATH > gives no output as root (which runs the Guix daemon, presumably). > > Where is the service file supposed to be and how to include GUIX_LOCPATH > in it? > > I also ran the script to install Guix. Perhaps this script should do all > the setup. > >