I kinda "know" C. But I don't know how to make applications. Just really basic things. I'm not a good artist. I don't have hardware that could run guix at the moment. And I don't know if I could learn enough C or guile by the September hackathon. On Sep 11, 2014 2:17 PM, "Nikita Karetnikov" wrote: > > How could a non programmer help? > > How would you like to help? For instance, would you like to learn how > to program? > > In any case, the good first step is to install Guix and play around. > Look at the command line tools, read the documentation. Have a problem? > Ask on the #guix channel on Freenode, document the solution, and send a > patch. Read on the ‘diff’, ‘patch’, and ‘git format-patch’ commands if > necessary. > > Learn how to write package recipes. There is a good (though a bit > outdated) intro [1]. What programs do you use daily? Are they > available in the distribution? Start with something simple, or look for > outdated versions and submit updates. > > Are you familiar with graphics editors? Contribute artwork. > > [1] https://gnu.org/software/guix/guix-ghm-andreas-20130823.pdf >