Hi Ricardo, I pushed commits implementing the features we discussed before. Could you please take a look at them? I have reconsidered the idea of having a separate page with build information, as I do not see what additional information we can display on this page except the link to the log file. So, for now I have added a link to the log file in the newly added column of the table with information about builds of an evaluation. What do you think about this? I thought about writing the summary of and sending it to the mailing list, but now I think that a blog post would be more convenient for a reader. What is the source format for guix blog markdown and is where something special I need to know about preparing the blog post? Also, I would like to create a draft version of the final document and share it with you in order to discuss it before publishing. What do you think is the best way to maintain this draft? I would suggest google doc, but it may be not compatible with the blog post format. Best regards, Tatiana On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 at 00:03, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > > Hi Tatiana, > > > The next features I am thinking of are > > > > - make red, green and grey links on the evaluations page actually > > working and usable for filtering builds of the evaluation with a given > > status; > > - add some navigation tools to improve usability, especially for the > > case when a user wants to go back to the previous level of the > interface > > (e.g. from evaluation page to specifications list); > > - add a page with some basic info about a build, containing a link to > > the corresponding build log; > > This all sounds very good and manageable. I think this also matches > some of the open items that Gábor identified earlier. > > > I am going to make a new branch and push these changes in a few days, so > > you could try them. > > Excellent! > > > I have a question regarding the link for the final GSOC evaluation. > > According to the GSOC requirements > > < > https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/help/work-product#requirement > >, > > from the provided URL it should demonstrate the result of the project. I > > suppose that it would be nice to include the example of the working > > interface running on https://berlin.guixsd.org/ to the final document > which > > I will prepare for the evaluation (and which also will contain a link to > > the list of changes made to the codebase). Would it be appropriate to do > > so? > > Yes, this would be fine, but note that the document should really stand > on its own. Whatever is shown on https://berlin.guixsd.org/ will change > over time. You can add a link to it as an example, but make sure that > your “work product” page would not feel incomplete without it. > (E.g. take screenshots if you want to show specific features instead of > linking to pages on https://berlin.guixsd.org/) > > If you want to we could also aim to publish this as a blog post on the > Guix website, but that’s really up to you. The Guix blog is a good way > to make your work known in the community and to people who are following > the project. > > -- > Ricardo > >