all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gaming in guix
@ 2019-11-10 19:14 rndd
From: rndd @ 2019-11-10 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help Guix

hi everyone! Really love this distro, but have some questions.
1) Does anyone use steam? Any way to install it?
2) Does anyone install games from GOG? How to?
3) Does anyone use lutris? Any way to use it?
4) Didn't found ldd to make usable proprietory binaries =( Any tips?

P.S.: I understand that some of this question may hurt some foss boys and girls. But, games are important for me and I really like guix... Mybe somebody had these problems and could share his/her exp ...

* Re: gaming in guix
@ 2019-11-10 21:11 ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2019-11-10 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix, rndd

Le 10 novembre 2019 20:14:26 GMT+01:00, rndd@tuta.io a écrit :
>hi everyone! Really love this distro, but have some questions.
>1) Does anyone use steam? Any way to install it?
>2) Does anyone install games from GOG? How to?
>3) Does anyone use lutris? Any way to use it?
>4) Didn't found ldd to make usable proprietory binaries =( Any tips?
>
>P.S.: I understand that some of this question may hurt some foss boys
>and girls. But, games are important for me and I really like guix...
>Mybe somebody had these problems and could share his/her exp ...

Hi,

Just a quick reminder that non free software and especially recommendations on running them is off-topic on this list.

That said, there are some nice games running on guix: openttd, 0ad, minetest to name a few. Have a look at the content of gnu/packages/games.scm :)

* Re: gaming in guix
@ 2019-11-11 14:06   ` Guilherme Lino
From: Guilherme Lino @ 2019-11-11 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Lepiller; +Cc: help-guix, rndd

Hello,

You can possibly launch the SteamOS/ubuntu/windows in a Qemu virtual
machine.
That's my plan, I do not want to taint my main installation with closed
source software

https://lite.qwant.com/?q=qemu+passthrough
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=qemu+passthrough

--