On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 9:25 AM, Joshua Branson wrote: > Luther Thompson writes: > >> I installed GuixSD today. When I boot up, both the login manager and >> the desktop session use qwerty. I do see dvorak when I hit Ctrl+Alt+F2 >> for a non-window console. `loadkeys dvorak` has no effect in either >> place. Here is my OS definition: >> > > I've had a similar problem. I know that there are a couple of solutions > floating around. I think one of them my be using setxkbmap...Or > possibly configuring X to prefer the dvorak layout... > > I personally never figured that issue out. Right now I'm running > Parabola GNU/Linux-libre, and I've got guix installed on it... > Update: I decided to check the latest git master commit to see if the docs had changed. I found some ​thing about controlling ​the keyboard layout, and I found more examples in the guix-help archives. This is ​the 'services' ​field that I ended up using: (services (cons* (console-keymap-service "dvorak") (gnome-desktop-service) (xfce-desktop-service) (modify-services %desktop-services (slim-service-type config => (slim-configuration ​ ​ (inherit config) ​ ​ (​ startx (xorg-start-command ​ ​ #:configuration-file ​ ​ (xorg-configuration-file ​ ​ #:extra-config '("Section \"InputClass\" Identifier \"keyboard-all\" Option \"XkbLayout\" \"dvorak\" MatchIsKeyboard \"on\" EndSection"))))))))) ​This successfully fixed the problem in the ​login manager. (GNOME, of course, had to be configured separately.) -- Luther Thompson