Thanks for the review! On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Alex Kost wrote: > Federico Beffa (2015-06-22 22:33 +0300) wrote: > >> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 7:59 PM, Alex Kost wrote: >> >>> Well, these trailing spaces are artifacts of (inaccurate) coding. Emacs >>> can't read user's mind to decide if the spaces are redundant or >>> intended. >> >> No need to read the mind... you just look if there are characters >> other than white spaces (and possibly TABs) between newlines :-) >> >> But, my question was NOT: how can I see white spaces. Rather: is there >> a Guix coding style "rule" which states that white spaces there are >> undesired. >> >> I personally prefer to have them, because then, if I use M-up/down, I >> move to the beginning/end of a whole top-level block, without stopping >> at internal points and that's what I want most of the time. >> >> So, these spaces are not just coding artifacts, but have some use. > > Ouch, I didn't realize that you left the spaces intentionally, sorry. I > always thought that "avoiding trailing whitespaces" is a general > convention everywhere. > > But I see your point now, that's a nice trick! > > For lisp/scheme code I use 'beginning-of-defun'/'end-of-defun' commands > instead of 'backward-paragraph'/'forward-paragraph' (if that's what is > bound to M-up/down for you). > > -- > Alex