Hi Cristián, Thank you! I have been following the cmake path and it seems to be working better than before. If I find more issues, I will ask. Thanks again! - John On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 9:47 AM Cristián Maureira-Fredes < Cristian.Maureira-Fredes@qt.io> wrote: > Hello John, > > I'm not familiar with guix, but if the CMake approach doesn't work [1] > and the setuptools also doesn't work [2], > maybe you can share some of the logs related the build errors > so we can see how what's precisely the issue. > > Cheers > > [1] > https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/shiboken2 > [2] https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Python/GettingStarted/X11 > ________________________________________ > From: PySide on behalf of John Soo < > jsoo1@asu.edu> > Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2019 06:21 > To: pyside@qt-project.org > Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org > Subject: [PySide] Packaging for guix > > Hello pyside maintainers, > > Hope you are all well. I am looking to package freecad for the guix > package manager for which pyside is a dependency. I’m having some trouble > packaging pyside as the build and environment for guix (like nix) are quite > different from a Debian style system. There a quite a few differences: > > - the prefix for installation directories is in a unique directory > specific to the package > - cmake and python require many particular environment variables and flags > - library and linking paths are very different and often source shebangs > and linking paths need to be patched to point to the correct paths > - the build process happens in an isolated build environment apart from > any system directories > - probably more that I haven’t come across yet > > I’ve tried using the provided python build process but I get several build > errors, let alone runtime issues. Would anyone be able to point me in a > direction to patch pyside for such a packaging system? Currently I’m stuck > building Shiboken. I’d particularly like guidance on how to setup cmake to > build it correctly (mostly the ability to provide our particular flags and > variables). Any help would be greatly appreciated. > > Thank you, > > John > _______________________________________________ > PySide mailing list > PySide@qt-project.org > https://lists.qt-project.org/listinfo/pyside >