Thanks Ludo! Here's the error, environment file, and guix describe output: https://paste.debian.net/1072838/ guix package -s ghc-aeson-1.4.2.0 shows it is indeed a package in the system. Thanks again, John On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 4:11 PM Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hi John, > > John Soo skribis: > > > I was going to do some development recently and wanted to use some > > packages from a channel. I have it listed as a channel under > > ~/.config/guix/channels.scm so I added some packages from the channel > > to a scheme file but guix environment -l my-file.scm told me there was > > no code for my channel modules. Is this intended? > > No. Could it be that you’re running a ‘guix’ command different from the > one ‘guix pull’ produced? > > Does ‘guix describe’ show your additional channel? > > HTH, > Ludo’. >