Heya On Sat, 11 Apr 2020, 00:38 Ludovic Courtès, wrote: > Hi Alex, > > Alex Sassmannshausen skribis: > > > After successfully completing system setup from the ISO using that > > selection, rebooting the system launches GDM OK. Signing in to GDM > > however causes the system to loop back to GDM, instead of starting a > > ratpoison session. It is not clear to me what causes the issue, but I'm > > happy to help debug if someone can provide me with pointers on doing so. > > > > Intuitively, I would hazard a guess that the initialisation of ratpoison > > fails and the session is aborted, at which point GDM is restarted. > > Isn’t it just that GDM defaults to GNOME (not ratpoison), but since > GNOME isn’t available, it loops back? > > What if you click on the small gear and select ratpoison? > You are 100% correct! Thanks for that pointer - I hadn't considered it would still default to gnome! :) Cheers, Alex > Thanks for your feedback! > > Ludo’. >