all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Will Dietz via cfe-dev <cfe-dev-NBbBogny7ofFcdTEL8lfRQ@public.gmane.org>
To: "Nathan Froyd" <nfroyd-4eJtQOnFJqFBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>,
	"Ludovic Courtès" <ludo-mXXj517/zsQ@public.gmane.org>
Cc: Guix-devel <guix-devel-mXXj517/zsQ@public.gmane.org>,
	gcc-/MQLu3FmUzdAfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org,
	nix-dev-rGrgPyRx506NN8uzcEdRPYRWq/SkRNHw@public.gmane.org,
	cfe-dev-NBbBogny7ofFcdTEL8lfRQ@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: [RFC] Reliable compiler specification setting (at least include/lib dirs) through the process environment
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 17:11:59 +0000	[thread overview]

Yes! I'm very interested in this as well!

One piece of information to add: it might be worth investigating something
more general like the configuration files used by ELLCC in controlling
their cross-compilers.

This was somewhat recently discussed here:

http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2015-July/087907.html

And looks like the most recent description of it is here:

http://ellcc.org/blog/?p=13246

This would be rather useful in Nix for creating cross-compilers as well.

AFAIK this isn't immediately suited to your needs but I think that it's the
right direction to go
and it'd be ideal to support both use-cases if we are talking about
upstream support.

~Will