updated patch attached: directly checking out source rather than replying on git submodule first attempt at removing "nasty" stuff, removing bx/tools/bin On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 5:52 AM Leo Prikler wrote: > > Hi, > > Am Montag, den 16.08.2021, 05:42 -0700 schrieb Andy Tai: > > Leo, by "nasty stuff" you meant non-free stuff (I doubt if there is > > any in a graphics library but will check), or you meant the embedded > > packages that shall be reference to other packages in guix (if > > packaged already)? I think the embedded copies of other stuff may > > have local customization that may make it impossible to simply build > > with the existing packages in guix. > Nasty stuff are not only already existing packages, but also outdated > versions thereof. If there are heavily customized versions or packages > not yet included in Guix, then those can be left in (but with a > remark!), though in the long term it would be better to make those > packages work with upstream versions rather than require specific > tweaking. > > The other thing I already mentioned are binaries, which upstream seems > also aware about, see e.g. > https://github.com/bkaradzic/bgfx/commit/caed3f91026bf0e703f1eaf6f622e27b820df86c