all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ‘local-file’ resolves relative to source file
@ 2015-12-14 18:59 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-12-14 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi!

Commit 9d3994f changes ‘local-file’ to resolve relative file names
relative to the form where ‘local-file’ appears.

This means that you can use it in your OS config, and files will be
looked up relative for your OS config file (instead of relative to
$PWD), which is usually what one expects.

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

* Re: ‘local-file’ resolves relative to source file
@ 2015-12-14 19:03 ` Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2015-12-14 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Commit 9d3994f changes ‘local-file’ to resolve relative file names
> relative to the form where ‘local-file’ appears.
>
> This means that you can use it in your OS config, and files will be
> looked up relative for your OS config file (instead of relative to
> $PWD), which is usually what one expects.
>
> Feedback welcome!

That's bitten me a few times and my attempt to fix it with
'source-filename' failed.  Thank you!

- Dave