On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > "Thompson, David" skribis: > >> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote: >> >>> I guess we must still support -E for compatibility. Probably it should >>> do an implicit ‘sh -c’? >> >> This introduces implementation issues. What if a user provides both a >> -E command *and* a command after '--'? What's the sane thing to do? > > I’d consider this a bug in the user’s mind ;-) and would do whatever is > easiest. > >> I also don't feel strongly that we need to keep flags around for >> compatibility this early in the game, given that we are alpha software >> and such. > > I think it’s neither black nor white. > > For instance, I use it at work for continuous integration. I can > definitely migrate the scripts to the new syntax, but it’s best if it > doesn’t break overnight. > > So we could remove -E from ‘--help’ and from the manual, but still keep > it around for a while. Here is the patch that does this. Thanks, - Dave