2017-02-09 16:40 GMT+01:00 Ludovic Courtès : > Catonano skribis: > > > > If the root partition is not encrypted (and not RAID or anything like > that), you don’t need to declare a “mapped device” for it. All you need > is to declare a file system in the ‘file-systems’ field. > > HTH! > Yes, it did help ! In fact I was able to start the process BUT it didn' t end correctly :-/ Installing for i386-pc platform grub-install: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sd1. Check your device.map. guix-system: failed to install GRUB on device '/dev/sd1' As far as I understand my platform should be x86_64 Why did it select i386 ? Also: what did I mess up with grub ? /dev/sda1 is a small partiton mapped to /boot Is that wrong ? Does grub require to be on '/' ?