I have a postgresql service in my config.scm file but I don't use it Today I needed it to figure out how postgres works (because of my attempt to create a service for Tryton) and I discovered that it's stopped ~$ sudo herd status ... Stopped: - postgres - user-homes and if I try to start it, it fails ~$ sudo herd start postgres Service postgres is currently disabled. herd: failed to start service postgres I can "enable" and then start it but that doeesn't resist a reboot This was discussed in the past and it had to do with postgres being updated BUT it was reported back then that there were messages in var/log/messages about how the data folder had been initializzed with a previous version of postgres and that was incompatible with the new one In my case nothing shhows up with sudo cat /var/log/mesages | grep postgresql and ~$ sudo cat /var/lib/postgresql/data/PG_VERSION 9.6 and $ pg_config ... VERSION = PostgreSQL 9.6.5 I reconfigured and updated my installation in August, before coming to the GHM could anyone here verify if they can run postgresql with a reasonably recent version of GuixSD ? Thanks in advance