2016-08-10 13:46 GMT+02:00 Ricardo Wurmus : > > Philippe Ombredanne writes: > > > David Craven wrote: > >> I aborted, since I realised that guix package -s doesn't include the > >> source url and hash, which would be important for a testsuite... > > > > IMHO, if the rec data is the only way to get to the packages data, the > > source url would be rather essential to get in. > > The recutils output is not the *only* way to access the package data. > All packages in Guix are just Scheme variables. Package data are > available as S-expressions and can be read by Scheme programs or parsed > by external applications. The recutils output is just an additional > format used when interacting with Guix on the command line. > > (Personally, I’m not enthusiastic about adding a serialised form of the > source field to the recutils output.) > > ~~ Ricardo > > > Not so long ago, someone posted a script that produced a web page with the results of linting all the packages That's an example One could produce an xml file to be imported in Gephi, just to make another example. Or a SQL text file to be imported in some relational db, or a different format to be imported in some not relational db...