Leo, 2016-05-26 18:58 GMT+02:00 Leo Famulari : > On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 06:36:39PM +0200, Catonano wrote: > > I erased ALL the prevoius generations and still there are some elements > > that "guix gc -d ..." cannot eliminate from the store because they turn > out > > to be "still alive" > > > > Of course emacs-cider is not installed in the current generation > > > > I don't understand. > > > > Is there a way to let guix tell me what is still pointing to those ? > > They are referred to by a profile. You can see the full list of your > user's profiles with `guix package --list-generations`. Other users will > have their own profiles. > > You can learn more about how to work with these profiles with `guix > package --help` and also in the manual, 3.2 Invoking guix package. > Thank you There are only 2 profiles on this machine: mine and root's profile As for mine, I eliminated ALL previous generations and emacs-cider is not installed in the current one As for root's profile: $ guix package -p root --list-installed returns nothing and $ guix package -p root --list-generations guix package: error: profile 'root' does not exist So which profile is pointing to those things ?