2017-05-03 21:08 GMT+02:00 myglc2 : > On 05/03/2017 at 18:05 Catonano writes: > > > 2017-05-02 20:58 GMT+02:00 myglc2 : > > > > As it stands, your video is a great sanity check for someone wondering > > if their emacs-guix environment is working properly. It is also a great > > demonstration of how easy it is for a guix user to see and, with a git > > checkout, modify a package. > > > > If you expanded it a bit to illustrate a few > > more guix-edit/geiser features, it could be a great addition to the > > guix-video-verse, and, IMO, a good thing to add to www.gnu.or > > > > Which eatures, exactly, you would like to be showed ? > > How about a scenario like this, all done from within emacs-guix running > against a git checkout ... > > - find a package > > - install it > > - observe how it is working > > - consider changing a config flag > > - 'M-x Guix edit ' > > - download the source: 'C-u . s' > I didn't kknow this one ! > > - copy the package source out of the store (there is probably a better > thing to do here) > > - in source: './configure --help' to see config options > > - 'M-x Guix edit ' & modify #:configure-flags > I think you can't modify a package in place. In fact, with guix edit it gets open as ead only As far as I understand, you should clone it locally, edit the copy in that clone, build it, install it with ./pre-inst-env in that clone If that's not too pettifogging for you, i could try I'd also appreciate if you would suggest a package to del with, in this hypotetical footage > > - build the package: 'C-u . b' > This one, for example, would require you to run the emacs-guix facilities on a local clone and I don't know how to do that I remember Ludo doing this in a footage but I could use a reminder. Thanks again