all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* patched packages
@ 2017-04-04 16:23 Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-04-04 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I put some patches in gnu/packages/patches, I listed them in Makefile.in
and tried to make guix

I get this error

  GUILEC   gnu/packages/python.go
make[2]: ***  Nessuna regola per generare l'obiettivo
"gnu/packages/patches/python-genshi-0.7-disable-speedups-for-python34",
necessario per "all-am".  Arresto.

which means:

No rule for generating the target
"gnu/packages/patches/python-genshi-0.7-disable-speedups-for-python34"
which is required by "all-am"

Genshi needs to be patched, in order to work.

As you can see here
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/python3-genshi

The last release doesn't compile with python > 3.3, one test fails and
other small things.

I noticed that the Genshi in Fedora is patched to fix exactly those things.

The patches that I put in gnu/packages/patches are from the Fedora rpm

How do I correctly patch Genshi ?

Thanks in advance

* Re: patched packages
@ 2017-04-04 18:01 ` Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-04-04 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

gnu/local.mk ?

* Re: patched packages
@ 2017-04-04 18:07 ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-04-04 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catonano; +Cc: help-guix

Catonano transcribed 2.4K bytes:
> I put some patches in gnu/packages/patches, I listed them in Makefile.in

You have to list patches in "gnu/local.mk" which is used by the top
Makefile.  Not very clear at first, I know.

Is this patch in a commit upstream, or is it something which could be
done with the (substitute) procedure (is that the correct term?)?

> and tried to make guix
>
> I get this error
>
>   GUILEC   gnu/packages/python.go
> make[2]: ***  Nessuna regola per generare l'obiettivo
> "gnu/packages/patches/python-genshi-0.7-disable-speedups-for-python34",
> necessario per "all-am".  Arresto.
>
> which means:
>
> No rule for generating the target
> "gnu/packages/patches/python-genshi-0.7-disable-speedups-for-python34"
> which is required by "all-am"
>
> Genshi needs to be patched, in order to work.
>
> As you can see here
> https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/python3-genshi
>
> The last release doesn't compile with python > 3.3, one test fails and
> other small things.
>
> I noticed that the Genshi in Fedora is patched to fix exactly those things.
>
> The patches that I put in gnu/packages/patches are from the Fedora rpm
>
> How do I correctly patch Genshi ?
>
> Thanks in advance

* Re: patched packages
@ 2017-04-04 18:26   ` Catonano