Mark, 2017-05-08 9:34 GMT+02:00 Mark H Weaver : > Catonano writes: > > So here's the package > > http://paste.lisp.org/display/345871 > > > > What is wrong with it ? > > Please always include the relevant code snippets in the email itself, > rather than using a paste site. Paste sites are useful for contexts > such as IRC where pasting more than a few lines is inconvenient and > generally frowned upon, and where the discussions are ephemeral. > > On the other hand, these email lists are archived and we would like the > archives to be comprehensible to future readers. That will not be > possible for the emails in this thread after the code under discussion > has been deleted from the paste site, or the paste site goes offline. > > There are also privacy implications to forcing the readers of your email > to click on a link, thus creating network traffic and a log on someone's > server, in order to see the core content of your message. > > What do you think? > I'm ready to adhere to any guidelines set set by the community I have no problem in pasting pieces of code directly in the emails body I just hadn't considered the concerns you are raising In fact, I'd paste code even on IRC channels, I don't do so because I have been requested to abstain from pasting code in chat channels in the past But I don't understand the reason why that is not desirable, inconvenient and frown upon. I just adhere to a costme that seems to be common and widely accepted, or even assumed. I can do te same for mailing lists of course. I just thought the set of assumptions was the same So I will follow your lead in the future, I have begun already ! In this same thread I reported errors and pieces of code pasting the wole thing in the email body It's even more practical, like this !