2017-05-02 11:09 GMT+02:00 Alex Kost : > Catonano (2017-05-01 13:11 +0200) wrote: > > > Recently I've been suggested to look at the definition o scmutils as > > a reference > > > > I made a really short screencast about how a a procedure in there is > > not browsable with geiser. > > As myglc2 noted "make-img" is just a variable defined in that "let*". > It is not some Guix procedure, it's a local variable that has a string > value (which is "echo ..."). > yes, I see that now :-/ That's wat Geiser was trying to tell me proposing some info about te let* form I don't know what I can say. My outlook was so narrowed that I didn't realize that "(make-img..." was NOT a procedure call. Raising the look at the previous line would have been enough :-/ I sincerely apologize for the fuss > OTOH, there is some build-side code as Ludovic mentioned that can be > browsable with Geiser. For example, to be able to “edit” > ‘with-directory-excursion’ thing, at first you need to evaluate > ‘,use (guix build utils)’ in the REPL. > Good to know, thanks > > > BTW there is a quicker way to move to a package definition from a "Guix > Packages" buffer – you can simply press "e" key there. Also you may use > "M-x guix-edit" command (press TAB there to complete a package name). > Yes, I know "guix edit" I preferred the other way because I wanted to be sure a repl was available. I had also prepared to show off C-c C-a but it slipped out of my mind when recording I didn't know about the "e" key, though. Thanks Ludo, as an excercise I could try to convert that package to using gexps, but as for instructing Geiser about how to deal with gexps, I wouldn't know where to start from I don't know what exactly the chatter between Geiser and the Guile REPL is made of Thank you all.