2016-07-26 0:05 GMT+02:00 Ludovic Courtès : > Leo Famulari skribis: > > > We will have to decide what to do about bundled dependencies. Bundling > > the source code of dependencies appears to be standard practice in the > > world of Go. > > Bundling appears to be standard practice in the world. > :-) > > > The compiler began supporting this directly in the 1.5 series: > > > https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/PackageManagementTools#go15vendorexperiment > > > > This is the manifest of Syncthing's dependencies, which are bundled in > > the same directory: > > https://github.com/syncthing/syncthing/blob/master/vendor/manifest > > > > If that manifest is a standard thing, we could make a go-importer that > > used it to create new packages. > > Indeed, that would be pretty cool as it effectively provides an easy way > for users to “unbundle” if they want to. Much more transparent that > what is often practiced. > The "new packages" indicated in the manifest could, in turn, have bundled dependencies. So the importer should be a recursive one. Like the one that Jelle is using for npm. Right ?