all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* input sources
@ 2017-02-20 18:47 Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-02-20 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

In my brand new GuixSD installation (awesome !) there are no input sources
in the (Region and language) Gnome desktop control panel ?

So I can' t fix my keyboard layout.

I guix system reconfigured right after installing GuixSD 0.12

Thanks for any hint

* Re: input sources
@ 2017-02-20 19:36 ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-02-20 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catonano; +Cc: help-guix

On 17-02-20 19:47:29, Catonano wrote:
> In my brand new GuixSD installation (awesome !) there are no input sources
> in the (Region and language) Gnome desktop control panel ?
>
> So I can' t fix my keyboard layout.
>
> I guix system reconfigured right after installing GuixSD 0.12
>
> Thanks for any hint

I think you simply have to add them by using the "+" sign in the
dialogue/settings box of "Settings > Region & Language".

* Re: input sources
@ 2017-02-20 19:37   ` Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-02-20 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catonano, help-guix

> On 17-02-20 19:47:29, Catonano wrote:
> > In my brand new GuixSD installation (awesome !) there are no input
> sources
> > in the (Region and language) Gnome desktop control panel ?
> >
> > So I can' t fix my keyboard layout.
> >
> > I guix system reconfigured right after installing GuixSD 0.12
> >
> > Thanks for any hint
>
> I think you simply have to add them by using the "+" sign in the
> dialogue/settings box of "Settings > Region & Language".

I tried, of course ;-)

The plus sign brings up an emtyy window !

* Re: input sources
@ 2017-02-20 21:06 ` Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-02-20 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

on the "newcomers" channel on the Gnome irc server, it was suggested to me
that the ibus configuration must be broken or missing

Because the input sources functionality depends on that.

Is ibus included in the base services ?

> In my brand new GuixSD installation (awesome !) there are no input sources
> in the (Region and language) Gnome desktop control panel ?
>
> So I can' t fix my keyboard layout.
>
> I guix system reconfigured right after installing GuixSD 0.12
>
> Thanks for any hint

* Re: input sources
       [not found] <mailman.53839.1487647971.22739.help-guix@gnu.org>
@ 2017-02-21  4:09 ` rennes
From: rennes @ 2017-02-21  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: catonano; +Cc: help-guix

Hi,

To configure Input Sources try:
* All Settings
* Region & Language
* Input Sources-> select plus button -> click on vertical points ->
click on Other.
And you can see a list of values.

Regards

@ 2017-02-21  7:27   ` Catonano