2018-05-05 20:52 GMT+02:00 Mark H Weaver : > > I've found that desktop environments usually need to relaunched in order > for application upgrades to take effect. That's because the .desktop > files that we install include absolute file names to their programs, and > desktop environments seem to keep using the .desktop files that they > loaded when you first logged in. > > For GNOME users, it should be sufficient to relaunch GNOME shell by > typing Alt-F2 and then issuing the special command "r". However, this > does not work on top of Wayland. > > Mark > Mark, thank you, I appreciate your clarification ! I didn't know you could restart the Gnome shell that way !