all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gnunet (again)
@ 2017-01-13 21:22 Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-01-13 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Tonight I'm discussing gnunet with ng0.

He gave me some instructions he had about how to debug the gnunet build,
assuming that I'm running into the same issue that he run into (I found the
log, there are 8 failed tests, just so you know).

In a phase of such instructions I should attach the gdb to a core dump file.

Such file should be "src/util/.libs/lt-test_foo", sometimes wiithout the lt-

Now in src/util/.libs there is no file with a name starting with lt- and
there are a ton of test_foo files.

So I'm lost.

I copied the ls of that path and here it is
https://paste.gnome.org/poysk7sbu

* Re: gnunet (again)
@ 2017-01-14 17:22 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-01-14 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catonano; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi!

Catonano <catonano@gmail.com> skribis:

> In a phase of such instructions I should attach the gdb to a core dump file.
>
> Such file should be "src/util/.libs/lt-test_foo", sometimes wiithout the lt-
>
> Now in src/util/.libs there is no file with a name starting with lt- and
> there are a ton of test_foo files.

This is really a Libtool question, but the solution is that, to debug
‘util/foo’ without having to worry about whether there’s an ‘lt-’ prefix
or not, just run:

  ./libtool --mode=execute gdb src/util/foo core

HTH!

Ludo’.

* Re: gnunet (again)
@ 2017-01-14 17:34   ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-01-14 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

FYI, current HEAD of gnunet git just fails with 2 tests in the
testbed api, so my old bug is closed.

You can reproduce this new bug by:

git clone https://pagure.io/packages.git
export GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH=/path/to/packages
guix build gnunet-git-full-tests

ps: not everyone on the internet uses/has the pronoun "he" :)
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/