Hi Ricardo, On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 at 17:12, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > > - Rename it to GUIX_INSIDE_EMACS? > > - Document the existence of INSIDE_EMACS. > > The variable is set by Emacs. As an Emacs feature we should not > document it in Guix, nor should we rename it to GUIX_INSIDE_EMACS. This is mitigated by foreign distro using bad packaged terminal, see e.g. [1]. [1] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38940 And a couple of days, I was annoyed by this so I patched, see attached. Note that 'guix system describe' has also the "issue" and do not use the same function to display, I guess. Otherwise, the OSC issue should be fixed by Emacs 27, I guess. So the rename is probably not useful. Cheers, simon