all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Error in gexp.scm. Unrecognized keyword.
@ 2016-09-24 20:35 Dmitry Nikolaev
From: Dmitry Nikolaev @ 2016-09-24 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi.

I wanted to update my GuixSD installation, but everytime I run "guix system
reconfigure ..." I'm getting

guix/gexp.scm:314:0: In procedure computed-file:
guix/gexp.scm:314:0: In procedure #<procedure computed-file (name gexp
#:key options)>: Unrecognized keyword

I've tried guix pull and guix refresh, nothing helped.

What is wrong with my guix installation and gexp.scm? I haven't seen
anybody complaining about it in this mailing list. What do I have to do to
update my GuixSD installation?

Dmitry Nikolaev

* Re: Error in gexp.scm. Unrecognized keyword.
@ 2016-09-24 21:25 ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2016-09-24 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Nikolaev, help-guix

Hi,

Dmitry Nikolaev <cameltheman@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I wanted to update my GuixSD installation, but everytime I run "guix system
> reconfigure ..." I'm getting
>
> guix/gexp.scm:314:0: In procedure computed-file:
> guix/gexp.scm:314:0: In procedure #<procedure computed-file (name gexp
> #:key options)>: Unrecognized keyword
>
> I've tried guix pull and guix refresh, nothing helped.
>
> What is wrong with my guix installation and gexp.scm? I haven't seen
> anybody complaining about it in this mailing list. What do I have to do to
> update my GuixSD installation?
>
> Dmitry Nikolaev

What is the exact command you are running?

The reconfigure needs to be passed the system config file, usually named
config.scm (as suggested by the documentation).

So when I update my systems I do:

guix system build /etc/config.scm; sudo guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm

--
              ng0

* Re: Error in gexp.scm. Unrecognized keyword.
@ 2016-09-25  8:34 ` Alex Kost
From: Alex Kost @ 2016-09-25  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Nikolaev; +Cc: help-guix

Dmitry Nikolaev (2016-09-24 23:35 +0300) wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I wanted to update my GuixSD installation, but everytime I run "guix
> system reconfigure ..." I'm getting
>
> guix/gexp.scm:314:0: In procedure computed-file:
> guix/gexp.scm:314:0: In procedure #<procedure computed-file (name
> gexp #:key options)>: Unrecognized keyword
>
> I've tried guix pull and guix refresh, nothing helped.
>
> What is wrong with my guix installation and gexp.scm? I haven't seen
> anybody complaining about it in this mailing list. What do I have to
> do to update my GuixSD installation?

Perhaps something is wrong with you system config.

--
Alex

* Re: Error in gexp.scm. Unrecognized keyword.
@ 2016-09-25 16:56 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-09-25 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Nikolaev; +Cc: help-guix

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 11:35:36PM +0300, Dmitry Nikolaev wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I wanted to update my GuixSD installation, but everytime I run "guix system
> reconfigure ..." I'm getting
>
> guix/gexp.scm:314:0: In procedure computed-file:
> guix/gexp.scm:314:0: In procedure #<procedure computed-file (name gexp
> #:key options)>: Unrecognized keyword
>
> I've tried guix pull and guix refresh, nothing helped.

Slightly off-topic, but you probably don't need to use `guix refresh`
here. `guix refresh` is used to automatically update some package
definitions in a Git checkout of Guix, while testing new upstream
releases before sending the updates to guix-devel. It's not part of a
typical GuixSD system update process.

> What is wrong with my guix installation and gexp.scm? I haven't seen
> anybody complaining about it in this mailing list. What do I have to do to
> update my GuixSD installation?

Most likely there is some problem with your OS configuration (typically
'/etc/config.scm'). Can you share it if there is nothing sensitive or
private in it?

* Re: Error in gexp.scm. Unrecognized keyword.
@ 2016-09-28  9:06 Dmitry Nikolaev
From: Dmitry Nikolaev @ 2016-09-28  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: help-guix

> > What is wrong with my guix installation and gexp.scm? I haven't seen
> > anybody complaining about it in this mailing list. What do I have to do
> > update my GuixSD installation?
>
> Most likely there is some problem with your OS configuration (typically
> '/etc/config.scm'). Can you share it if there is nothing sensitive or
> private in it?

Looks like something is wrong in my xorg-ati.scm module.

I'm using non-libre linux with free drivers for Radeon with blob in kernel
and some additional configuration for it.

My entire configuration is open and located on github

https://github.com/8p8c/my-guix

You can find my config.scm there

https://github.com/8p8c/my-guix/blob/master/config.scm

As my xorg-ati.scm

https://github.com/8p8c/my-guix/blob/master/packages/xorg-ati.scm

And command I usually use to update system configuration

sudo GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH=/home/camel/git/my-guix/packages/ guix system
reconfigure --fallback /home/camel/git/my-guix/config.scm

As for now I couldn't figure out what is wrong with it. But I have working
GuixSD. Can I get configuration files used to build my current system
profile? Not only config.scm, but modules loaded from GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH too.

@ 2016-09-28 14:10 ` Alex Kost
From: Alex Kost @ 2016-09-28 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Nikolaev; +Cc: help-guix

Dmitry Nikolaev (2016-09-28 12:06 +0300) wrote:

>     > What is wrong with my guix installation and gexp.scm? I haven't
>     seen
>     > anybody complaining about it in this mailing list. What do I
>     have to do to
>     > update my GuixSD installation?
>
>     Most likely there is some problem with your OS configuration
>     (typically
>     '/etc/config.scm'). Can you share it if there is nothing
>     sensitive or
>     private in it?
>

> Looks like something is wrong in my xorg-ati.scm module.
>
> I'm using non-libre linux with free drivers for Radeon with blob in
> kernel and some additional configuration for it.
>
> My entire configuration is open and located on github
>
> https://github.com/8p8c/my-guix
>
> You can find my config.scm there
>
> https://github.com/8p8c/my-guix/blob/master/config.scm
>
> As my xorg-ati.scm
>
> https://github.com/8p8c/my-guix/blob/master/packages/xorg-ati.scm

This file looks like you copied its contents from (gnu services xorg)
some time ago.  I think the problem is that this code is already old
enough to conflict with the current guix code.

Such copying of some part of the guix code and using it in a system
config instead of the current guix code is not a right approach IMO.  If
you think there is something that can't be configured by a user, please
report.  But is using #:extra-config for 'xorg-configuration-file'
procedure not enough for you needs?

--
Alex