On Jul 5, 2015 10:16 AM, "Mark H Weaver" wrote: > ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > > "Claes Wallin (韋嘉誠)" skribis: > > > >> So *that's* what the mysterious (title 'label) means! > > > > It’s not that mysterious: > > IMO, 'title' is a very confusing name for that field, because its value > is not the title of anything, but rather determines how the value of the > 'device' field will be interpreted. That was my point. Thank you for spelling it out clearly. > Unfortunately, I'm having trouble thinking of a concise name for that > field that is also descriptive. 'mode' or 'lookup-mode' are the best > ideas I have so far. [ . . . ] > Here's an idea: the values of device fields could be either strings or > lists of the form: > > (uuid "6f8ab…") > (label "foo") > > Thoughts? You read my mind. A "union" type record with a label is not optimal, much better to have separate records with semantically clear names.