On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 11:50 PM, Pjotr Prins wrote: > On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 04:14:04PM -0600, rohit yadav wrote: > > Hi, > > Is there anyone who has experimented with above mentioned idea? In > theory > > it may be possible, I am just wondering how stable is it? Assuming, I > > installed a package with guix, it should change the database, create > a new > > profile. As long as ~/.nix-profile or ~/.guix-profile points to > current > > profile I should see the changes in list of packages in the current > > generation. So, at higher level it should almost be indistinguishable > > whether nix or guix is used to manage the profiles. > > Yes, it is perfectly safe and some people do that. Note that I would > not *share* the DB and store - just have them separate and they > coexist fine. > Actually my question was whether DB and Store can be shared. Guix and Nix only changes the databases depending on what is installed and updating the current generation.​ > > > Is there any plan to change the nix core completely (reimplement using > > scheme guile) in the future? > > When someone feels the itch it may happen. At FOSDEM someone joked > that we should support the Nix language in Guix - i.e., write a Nix to > Guile interpreter to support Nix packages live in Guix. Alternatively > run two daemons. > ​- Yes, that may be useful. This way we can benefit from the work of NixOS community.​ > > Pj. > > -- >