Created new user. Tested from it. Guix pull works great. Now will move the stuff. Thanks a lot. пн, 27 дек. 2021 г., 18:53 Maxime Devos : > Hi, > > Grigory Shepelev schreef op ma 27-12-2021 om 17:27 [+0300]: > > After the last letter my laptop's motherboard broke. It was replaced > > recently but all the data was lost from the SSD due to encryption... > > TLDR: I made a backup and reinstalled the system. > > But the problem still persists. How can I safely move root's profile > > into the user's one? Tinkering with any root-related things is a > > danger zone for me, so I won't do anything on my own until there are > > any clear instructions. > > You could try deleting /var/guix/profiles/per-user/$USER and running > "$THE_GUIX_OF_ROOT pull" and "$guix install ...". I don't see why that > wouldn't work, but I've never tried it and 0 warranty. > > > As previously: from root "guix pull" works perfectly. From users it > > has the same problem (nix-related error). > > Could you search for "show-derivation" in the back-up? E.g. with grep - > rF show-derivation. Maybe there's a leftover from when you used nix > somewhere ... > > Greetings, > Maxime. > >