Hello guix, Hello Ludo When trying to build coreutils for i686-pc-gnu, building cross-gcc-4.8.3 with glibc-hurd fails with: In unknown file: ?: 0 [string-append "/gnu/store/1hl59s1pikplwfgclw4mlk38pkx3pc72-glibc-hurd-cross-i686-pc-gnu-2.18" ...] ERROR: In procedure string-append: ERROR: In procedure string-append: Wrong type (expecting string): #f It shouldn't fail because glibc/hurd is in the path. Checking the patch-source-shebangs phase, in the build log, shows that the /bin/sh path is changed to use the native glibc, which I believe causes the problem. I am trying to understand and solve this, but I think I am missing something from the building procedure of coreutils, so any advice will be helpful. Why it doesn't use the glibc that it just cross-built? I am attaching the build log and the env vars. Thank you, Manolis