On Sun, May 17, 2020, 15:56 Marius Bakke wrote: > joshua.r.marshall.1991@gmail.com writes: > > > From: Josh Marshall > > Please add commit messages following the GNU ChangeLog style to your > patches. > How do I do that? This was in large part an exercise to clean up my development and contribution practice. I'm surprised that this does not require adding Autoconf etc as > native-inputs, do you know why that is? > I think I let my environment leak, I'll check into in. Also, won't this cause a circular dependency on 'git-minimal'? If it > works for you I guess we got lucky in this case. > I'm not sure. I'll test more in a little bit. AIUI the lack of tarball integration in Software Heritage is temporary, > i.e. it will eventually be sorted, and of course back-dated. So I don't > think we need to move everything to git while we wait for that. > When I looked into it, there appears to have been no progress in a year and a half. >