I don't want to use Guix to build my project because I'm developing it. So, for example, I want to run tests often, and that uses Gradle. I want to integrate a build into my editor. I want to make a Guix manifest that can set up a machine for other people to use, and they don't want to use Guix for day-to-day development. I am not sure what trust store is being used. I'm also not sure how to check what trust store is being used. So when using Guix, what should $JAVA_HOME be set to? Has anyone else done a Java setup using Guix? On Nov 2, 2016 2:18 AM, "Chris Marusich" wrote: > Hi Zachary, > > Zachary Kanfer writes: > > > But I started the gradle quickstart guide, and I've started running > > into problems. Right now I have $JAVA_HOME set to > > /home/zck/.guix-profile/, but I am suspecting that is not right. When > > I run `./gradlew clean`, I get the following error: > > > > zck@zck-laptop:~/code/gradle-test$ ./gradlew clean > > Downloading > > https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-3.0-bin.zip > > > > Exception in thread "main" javax.net.ssl.SSLException: > > java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: > > java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors > > parameter must be non-empty > > > > (further stacktrace elided) > > Perhaps Java cannot find/access the truststore (or can access it but > found nothing in it)? Do you know what trust store is being used? > Where is it, and what are its permissions? > > > Further supporting my suspicion that JAVA_HOME shouldn't be the guix > > profile is that I would think either guix or java should manage the > > directory, but not both. > > I think a bigger question here is why do you need to use Gradle directly > to build your project? What's stopping you from using Guix to do it? > > -- > Chris >