Ok, I will do that. I can eliminate differences in the wrappers easily, then I will look into the libtool patch. It seems, that the la files are causing the checksum difference in cc1 and cc1plus, because if I remove libraries from the checksum, then they agree. I also checked the same things when I compile with clang. The differences are the same, so we can do this. The rest is just "cosmetics". 2017-12-02 15:48 GMT+01:00 Jan Nieuwenhuizen : > Gábor Boskovits writes: > > > Aside from these libtool files we can now say, that this ddc project > succeeded. > > Wait... The libtool's .la files are now the only files that show any > difference, even when gcc is compiled into it's own prefix? That's > amazing!!! > > > I've contacted the libtool developers if we can extend the wrapper > approach to the .la files. > > Great! > > > It seems, that in some older version of libtool those were just sourced > as shell script, but > > I don't know if now they do something more fancy with it or not... > > Anyways, if it's just shell script, then the environment variable > approach can also work out there. > > The only problem seems, that I should do the substitution before > checksumming the compiler. > > I think I can inject something into the makefile, or use a patched > vesion of libtool. > > > > A patched libtool could be a better option, so other ddc projects can > use it. > > Indeed. > > > I guess I can do something like add an environment variable > GUIX_INSTALL_DIRECTORY, or something like that... > > What's different about GUIX_INSTALL_DIRECTORY than the usual: PREFIX? > > > Any maybe name this version libtool-for-ddc. > > It should be noted in the package documentation, that this package is > not recommended for general use. > > Are you proposing to patch libtool? If so, even if patching it for > [gcc-]dcc only would be a great hack for now. Please go forward with > that idea at least until libtool devs help us with a full solution. > > janneke > > -- > Jan Nieuwenhuizen | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org > Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com >