2018-02-15 15:16 GMT+01:00 Marius Bakke : > Gábor Boskovits writes: > > > Ok, the keep it this way. Another question, this came up, as > > I was trying to find a nice solution to reset-gzip-timestamps failing. > > I got different pieces of advice if I should reset the permissions after > > resetting the timestamp, but I'm still not sure. It seems that the > easiest > > way to this would be to just add a call to make-file-writable to the > phase > > at the beginning, as we finally end up with a read-only one in the store > > anyway. I feel that reseting the permissions is unneccesary additional > > complexity. WDYT? > > In the "strip" phase we already call "make-file-writeable" > unconditionally, so doing it in reset-gzip-permissions as well should be > okay I think. > Ok, thanks, I will prepare a patch.