2018-02-08 17:23 GMT+01:00 Ricardo Wurmus : > > Ludovic Courtès writes: > > > Andreas Enge skribis: > > > >> quite a list of interesting ideas! > >> > >> On Wed, Feb 07, 2018 at 08:51:10AM +0100, Gábor Boskovits wrote: > >>> 10. provide user interface to our build farm where we could request > building a > >>> specific package. > >> > >> This is one specific feature, but could be framed into a more general > >> project of creating a web frontend to cuirass, with a number of subtasks > >> (one thing that we use a lot on hydra: with one click, restart the build > >> of all packages that failed previously). > >> > >> As in Ricardo's suggestion, this would appeal to diverse competences, > >> in guile, javascript, databases and interface design. So I think > something > >> interesting and useful would certainly come out of it. > > > > Agreed! Actually one thing is adding more /api/* HTTP entry points. > > Another one is writing the Web frontend. Each of these could be a > > project on its own, I think. > > > > Thoughts? > > > > Ricardo, should we draft something on this topic? > > Our problem at this point is to recruit mentors. Whoever submits the > project proposal on the Outreachy website[1] applies to become a mentor. > This is then either approved or declined by Ludovic or myself. > > The project idea sounds good, but we really need a mentor who feels > responsible for this project and who will be able to guide an intern > throughout the application phase and the three-month internship between > from May to August. > > I would be very happy if someone who is willing to oversee this project > would write a draft and submit it on the Outreachy website[1]. > > I volunteer to be a co-mentor for when the main mentor needs a free > weekend or something like that, but I can only assist, not lead the > project. > > [1]: https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/gnu-guix/submit-project/ > > If we could draft the specifics of this, what we expect as a outcome at least, then I am willing to help in mentoring, if that suits you. I might drop some parts of the draft if I don't feel comfortable with some parts of the draft proposed. However I feel, that the expectations about this should be discussed publicly, to have a tool that is really useful for the community, WDYT? > -- > Ricardo > > GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6 2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC > https://elephly.net > > > >