2018-03-26 20:34 GMT+02:00 Ricardo Wurmus : > > Hi Marius, > > > 'core-updates' has seen a lot of changes recently. Some of the goodies > > include […] glibc 2.27 […] > > > > Are there other things that should go in? > > I would really like to see a patch applied to glibc that ensures that > the “prlimit64” syscall is not used when running on the RHEL 6 kernel > (2.6.32). The lack of this syscall on that kernel means that getrlimits > fails, which makes it impossible to start the JVM. > > Hello! We already talked about this on #guix, and the patch removing code to check for prlimit64 not implemented is a quite self contained commit on the glibc tree. It is not a trivial one, and I did not try to revert that yet, but it might worth looking at. > This problem appeared with the upgrade to glibc 2.26 already, and ever > since I’ve been trying to minimize the damage for RHEL 6 systems where > Guix is used as a package manager (such as the MDC). > > A work-around for glibc 2.27 that makes things work fine with the RHEL 6 > kernel would be very welcome! I’ve started a branch “rhel6” where the > default glibc has been bumped back to version 2.25 but I really don’t > want it to be a long-lived branch; one of the reasons is that building > all packages for this old glibc version (even just on x86_64) puts our > build farms under extra stress that I would like to avoid. > > Another thing that could go in is the new Guile wrapper for wrapped > scripts that I proposed a few months ago. It requires a change in > build-side code to provide a “wrap-script” procedure (it wouldn’t be > used just yet). > > -- > Ricardo > > GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6 2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC > https://elephly.net > > > >