P Lars Böckel ezt írta (időpont: 2018. szept. 2., V 3:47): > Hello Guix, > > i wanted to recommend some changes to libvirt which would improve the > usability of libvirt. > > 1) OVMF(UEFI) capability with QEMU. In NixOS you can achieve this with > > virtualisation.libvirtd.enable = true; > virtualisation.libvirtd.qemuOvmf = true; > virtualisation.libvirtd.qemuVerbatimConfig = '' > nvram = [ "${pkgs.OVMF}/FV/OVMF.fd:${pkgs.OVMF}/FV/OVMF_VARS.fd" ] > user = "1000" > ''; > I was thinking about getting this done for a while. It would be very useful. Actually there should be a private writable copy of the ovmf variable area for each vm, and a shared read only for the rest of ovmf. > > the "user" part is not necessary but is required for system VMs in > combination with qemu's pulseaudio driver. qemuVerbatimConfig is the > config that is at /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf in traditional GNU/Linux > distributions. > > 2) Using a modified QEMU with libvirt. A modified QEMU could help > sometimes. A way to specify which QEMU package to use would be helpful > to resolve issues with newer qemu versions or patches which are not > upstream. While in NixOS you could add patches like this > > nixpkgs.config.packageOverrides = pkgs: rec { > qemu = pkgs.qemu.overrideAttrs (attrs:{ > patches = (lib.filter (x: ! (lib.hasSuffix > "fix-hda-recording.patch" (builtins.toString x))) attrs.patches) ++ [ > /path/to/qemu.patch ]; > } > ); > }; > j > to the QEMU package, i don't think this is possible in GuixSD. > > Thank you for your work. Please let me know what you think. > The libvirt service accepts a libvirt configuration, where you can specify the libvirt package in use. I guess it would be easy to provide a similar mechanism to give the qemu package. If qemu is an input of libvirt then providing a custom libvirt having the custom qemu would be good enough. I'm on mobile now, so I can't check.