Hello Ludo, Ludovic Courtès ezt írta (időpont: 2020. ápr. 22., Sze 22:09): > Hi! > > zimoun skribis: > > > On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 22:18, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > > > >> 4. We lack a clear way to mark bugs as release-critical. I’m really > >> happy Florian, Mathieu, and I have been able to work together and squash > >> bugs one by one (thank you!). Still, it would have been better if we > >> could have tagged which is release-critical and which is not, to prevent > >> misunderstandings such as regarding the NVMe bug: > >> . Can Debbugs help? The GCC > >> folks have a system that sends email with an update on the number of > >> release-critical bugs. I’m sure we can learn from how others deal with > >> that. > > > > The first easy step seems to tag the relevant bug as release-critical > > or simply rc. > > Currently, the tags nomal, security, serious, moreinfo, important, > > unreproducible are used in Debbugs. > > Yes, but how do we do that? I don’t think Debbugs supports a > “release-critical” tag, does it? Or perhaps we could take advantage of > Mumi to add special tags or something? > Actually the description of the severity level serious says its intended meaning is making a bug release critical. I believe we could simply use that. > > Then a second step could be to collect these release critical bugs and > > display them on issues.guix.gnu.org (or data.guix.gnu.org) for example > > remplacing the circle exclamation mark by a red triangle exclamation > > mark (or any really visible symbol). And because the "recent > > activities" is already sorted, it becomes easier to point the > > remaining release critical bugs, the ones stuck, etc. > > Agreed. > > >> For the other issues, I’m interested in any ideas you may have! > > > > About the "frozen" window, does it make to schedule it in advance? For > > example a couple of months before. > > And for example, does it make sense to say: at least one release each > > year on the March 14th (Pi day ;-) or approximately. > > Because in general FOSDEM is at the beginning of February and it is a > > big party where some of us come then back home refill of energy, we > > could agree around this date (beginning of Feb.) on the frozen window > > date (say end of February) and then release around middle of March. > > From my point of view, using the Guix Days as catalyst for releasing > > should help the process. > > I think there’s no question we want more than one release per year. For > that to happen, we should make sure the process is well documented, as > smooth as possible, largely automated, and not tied to a single person > (ahem…). > > Once we have that, plus some planning such as marking RC-critical bugs, > it’ll be easier to make releases IMO. > > Thanks, > Ludo’. > Best regards, g_bor > >