all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* extract tools from guix scripts
@ 2018-03-08 19:01 Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2018-03-08 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guix,

under “guix/scripts” there are a couple of tools that are really useful,
such as “guix challenge”.  While they are great for the command line,
I’d really like to use them from within Guile.

Using “(guix-challenge)” directly is cumbersome, because I need to
provide an argument list “args”, which is then parsed internally.
Instead, I’d like to be able to say

   (challenge #:urls (list "a" "b")
              #:packages (list foo bar baz))

and have it produce some report values.  Then “guix-challenge” could be
implemented in terms of “challenge”.

The same might be useful for “guix-build” or “guix-environment”.

What do you think?

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net